St. Vincent’s, Asansol
The Brothers hence decided to acquire land in Asansol to build a new orphanage.
In June 1918 Mr. P.W. Newson donated Rs. 2.50 lakhs to help build a new school.
Br. Joseph Moyes was put in charge of building the new school and his plan was to build 4 huge blocks in the form of a mighty rectangle.
Br. Moyes collapsed and died after he had constructed two blocks.
Although the construction of the school buildings began 1919, it was only in 1927 that 7 Brothers under the superiorship of Br. Gabriel Packenham began to live in St. Vincent’s.
One of them was Bernard Lyng who returned to Ireland in 1993 and died a year later.
St. Edward’s, Simla
“Milsington” the location of the school and community had 6 years earlier been rejected as unsuitable.
One of the members of this community was Angie Brogan aged 25 who had come to India only 3 years previously.
The school was handed over to the Diocese of Simla at the end of 1983