The first school outside Calcutta
St. Patrick’s School , Asansol was started in January, 1891. Prior to this it was the Jesuit Scholasticate
It started with 4 Brothers and 13 students.
Br. Paul Kinnear was the first Director
St. Joseph’s, Naini Tal
The Capuchin Fathers built a small minor seminary in 1888-89 which when opened was set up as a school for Catholic boys.
In 1891, Dr. Peschi, the Apostolic Administrator of Allahabad requested the Provincial to take over the school.
On 25th April 1892, three Brothers arrived in Naini Tal to take over the school.
The numbers in the beginning were very small